Spawners, also known as Antiviruses, are crimson-colored viruses that can be found in Experimental Mode (added on 2015-06-12) and Battle Royale. They periodically spawn pellets, similar to the (removed) Mother Cell. The spawner is slightly larger than a regular virus, roughly the same size as a 240 mass cell, and it requires a mass of ~300 to be consumed. It spawns varying numbers of pellets, presumably taking a portion of the map's food spawning (like the mother cell).
A cell of 160 mass or less will be consumed by a spawner. A cell will be eaten if it runs into a spawner, which will gain the cell's mass and slowly distribute the mass as pellets around itself over time. Spawners can also eat viruses. The spawner refunds all mass it gains as pellets, either from ejections or by consuming smaller cells (beware). If given more mass than it can eject as pellets immediately, it swells up and subsequently shrinks over the course of the next few seconds as it releases pellets. When consumed, the spawner has the same effect as a virus, splitting the cell into a lot of cells.
Facts[edit | edit source]
- If you shoot a virus into a spawner, it shoots out the virus's mass. Some servers have big spawners with around 10,000 mass.
- There has been one server in Oceania with a spawner of roughly 30,000 mass.
- A player with a mass of 10,261 ate a 10,000 mass spawner. Check Here
- A YouTuber named Smash ate a spawner of roughly 10,000 mass. Check Here
- Another YouTuber was using bots on Experimental Mode and made an experimental spawner roughly 120,000 mass. He made it so big that the server was closing, and he was the last man standing. Check Here
- Many inexperienced players accidentally run into spawners, as it will eat anything that has less mass than itself.
History[edit | edit source]
- June 19, 2015: Added Spawner to Experimental Mode
- March 26, 2019: Added Spawner to the mobile version of Battle Royale.