Ok so I will help some newbies at the game out and share some of my advanced tactics. I assume you already know all the basic mechanics of the game.
- If you split the maximum amount of times you can eat viruses smaller than any of your indivdual cells. This can gain you a lot of easy mass when you're teaming.
- When teaming, you can split into a virus (if you're big enough) to have half your mass be split up. This is useful when someone else is feeding a virus towards your teamate, or to clear the way for your teamate (useful when your teamate is being chased by a cell much bigger than your combined mass) if you're playing on the Party gamemode, assign someone in your party to be the "Virus Cell". The VC will block/eat viruses and also feed them into opposing cells.
- To bait a cell, eject some mass towards a cell considerably smaller than half your mass
- If they come towards you to take it, you can split to get them
- If they don't take it, eject more mass.
- If they still don't take it, you can split towards them. You will pick up the mass that you ejected, meaning that half of your mass will gain the previously ejected mass. This enables you to split again to get them. baiting is mostly useful in teams.
- When your cell is considerably large, and there are no other considerably large cells around, you may want to split 1-3 times to get a few small cells. When your cell is large, you will lose a lot of mass. When you split up, each indivdual cell will lose smaller mass. The total mass loss will be approximately the same. However, you will have a larger surface area to eat the tiny NPC cells plus the small cells that you ate when splitting. This will help preserve more of your mass, but it is risky for obvious reasons.
Teaming on Teams
- On the Teams gamemode, you may want to team with a cell from an opposing team.
- When teaming on teams, you can go in front of a cell of the same color to block/slow them down for your teamate to eat them.
Thanks for reading, and please share your own strategies!